Tuesday, January 20, 2015

Violet's 9th Birthday

Trying hard to remember details from this day!  I really need to blog the day of or the day after such events.  We're a month past Violet's birthday already and I'm just now sitting down to write about it!  I asked Violet to help me remember how we celebrated and the details were foggy to her.

I do remember making a run to Walmart the day before her birthday to get cupcakes for her school celebration the next day.  I got her a couple birthday gifts as well.  Really planned ahead well, huh!?

She had chosen her birthday food for the day.  She wanted egg/sausage/cheese sandwiches for breakfast (not an easy feat on the school morning), mac n cheese for lunch, and taco soup with chips for supper.  I did wake up early on the morning of her birthday to cook her breakfast.  I also made some mac n cheese at the same time and filled up their hot thermos containers with that for lunch.  Calvin got some too.

Vanessa helped me decorate the house while Violet was at school.  We made a trip to the dollar store and got balloons and streamers.  We went with yellow, pink, and white for decor colors.  Violet and Calvin put more balloons up when we got home from school.  Taco soup is easy to throw together - it is almost all cans in a pot and it gets heated up with yummy toppings.


Violet remembered these details:

- brought massive cupcake made of a bunch of cupcakes and (said she got really messy at school).
- woke up early and mom made sausage/egg/cheese sandwiches
- made shells and cheese for lunch at school
- got puppy with huge eyes
- bubble gum squares - grape
- Elsa/Anna Frozen gummies
- Perplexis Epic
- taco soup, rainbow cake

She told me at the end of the day, "Thanks for making my birthday really special!" So she was touched.  That is sweet, and the most memorable moment for me.

We celebrated her birthday again with the Hardinger family at a cabin in Charles City - we hung streamers, Grandma Jo made a yummy funfetti cake, and I brought ham and mac n cheese along with mom's carrots for supper.



No comments:

Post a Comment