Monday, October 27, 2014

Vanessa apologized to me for something

A few days ago I found Vanessa in the climbing tree that Violet and Calvin like to play in.  I'm not comfortable with her in the tree.  She can't get in and out with out assistance and her climbing skills aren't as adept as the oldest two.  So, I told her she can't climb the tree.  Violet and Calvin were instructed to not encourage her to climb the tree.

So, yesterday, I found her in the tree.  She had to come in for a spanking.  After crying that out and being alone for a bit, she came to me and said, "Mom, I'm so sorry for climbing the tree.  Will you forgive me?"  I was pretty floored.  Of course I forgave her, we hugged, she snuggled, and was happy and went along skipping.

Now only if I could figure out how to get my 8 yr old to admit mistakes like her younger sister.

Vanessa keeps telling me that she's big enough to climb in the tree...maybe when she's older.




2 comments:

  1. Yeah! Nice Work in the spirit.
    Joanne told me that Vanessa returned from the art event on Saturday and being unable to articulate her "r" sounds she profoundly sounded arty by pronouncing that she was an "awtist"
    sweet moments
    She also wanted to come visit out house, and that was nice too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Keeping relationships close requires humility and grace...one we get proud, defensive, selfish, put the blame on others or dismiss someone's feelings...the gap gets larger and the hearts get hard.

    This is so important!

    Mom

    ReplyDelete