Tuesday, October 28, 2014

"No, you're adorable!" ~Eli

Eli is so, so funny lately.  *Sigh* I guess that little guy has to grow up.  He's developing a sense of humor that fits right in with our family.  Today after we played a song/game with me squeezing him and him giggling, he kept saying, "Do it again!" so I said, "You're adorable."  He said, "No, YOU'RE adorable!"  And I said, "no, you're adorable!" and he said, "No, you're adorable!" But it comes out more like, "You're adoraber."

I think he said, "Mom, I love you" after I changed his diaper today too.

Earlier today he also pushed a little toy stroller up to me as I was loading the dishwasher.  He said, "Oh, hi mom" and waved.  Then he paused for a moment, looking at me expectantly, like he wanted me to respond.  I said, "Hi!"  He then waited, then said, "Bye. Bye mom." and waved and paused for a moment, then pushed his stroller in the opposite direction, and went around the corner out of my sight.  A few moments later, he came right back up to the dishwasher as I was continuing to load it and he repeated the whole scenario again, saying hi, waving, waiting for a response from me, then pausing, and saying goodbye, waiting for my response, then leaving.  Silly little dude.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
more about this whole topic, so I'm not doubling up:

Variations of this conversation happen a lot.  I told him he's nuts one time, and he responded by saying, "No, you're nuts adorabor!"  And he'll say, "I wuv you you're adorabor".
Kids all love telling him he's adorable and hearing his response.  He often turns to Violet for help/comfort if a parent isn't available.  She's always ready to comfort him!  She loves his attention and hugs.  Unless he's yelling out, "BIOLET!" at 6 am.  She doesn't respond then. :)

2 comments:

  1. I can follow the account as you write, thanks for posting
    DAD

    ReplyDelete
  2. Guess he's practicing his social skills!

    Mom

    ReplyDelete