Tuesday, December 17, 2013

Humpty Dumpty

I was asked by Calvin's teacher, Miss Smits, if I would be willing to participate in the kindergarten classes' nursery rhyme party on Tues Dec 17th. Sure! I said.  I asked Kris Klunder if she would be willing to watch Vanessa and Eli and she was happy to do so.  She asked me to dress up as humpty dumpty.
Ok. Humpty Dumpty?  If I was pregnant, maybe.  But no.  I was really stuck on ideas.  I asked Molly if she knew of any ideas (she is so creative!) and she suggested a cardboard cut out.  Perfect!  I can do cardboard.  I googled some images and ran across this one which gave me inspiration on what to do for humpty dumpty.  The picture gave me the shape and the masking tape bricks on a wall idea.  Love it!  Dave was picturing me doing some 3D cardboard egg shaped inserts for a sheet body cover-up, I was in no way thinking that technical.  ha!

inspiration pic I found on google images search


Now that I see the pics side by side it looks like a duplicate!  I dug up some paint from leftover cans in the basement.  I used "brick red" from our red fireplace, blue from Dave's office wall, and green from Dave's office accent color I used a couple years ago.



















A little hot glue to secure everything together and I was good to go.  I made this project the NIGHT BEFORE his party so it was really late and I was running out of steam making humpty's legs and feet so I stuck straight cardboard things on the brick wall and put socks on the cardboard that look like shoes.  Good enough.

It was a hit and served as a super cute photo prop for all the kids to get their pics taken in it for their nursery rhyme party the next day.  I helped the kids with creating a humpty dumpty of their own, then played bingo with each of Calvin's classmates.  It was nice to get to know them all and learn their names.  


Calvin told me his favorite part of the day was me being at school with him. :)




1 comment: