Wednesday, November 20, 2013

Kala and Adam's wedding 11-9-2013

I'm not going to be able to re cap this trip in as much details as I hoped, as the event was nearly 2 weeks ago and I haven't had a chance to sit down and write about it.  I started once but didn't finish.  The trip to Bowling Green, OH overall was really great.  We took a couple days to get there and pit-stopped at Martha's in Chicago, had breakfast at Yolk downtown with Jeff/Denise and Martha, and drove the rest of the way the next day.  Utilized our Ipass (boy that is nice to have, makes paying tolls super slick). We had a great time hanging out with family, swimming in the hotel pool (silly mom forgot swimsuits, so we made a run to Walmart for swimming items that weren't necessarily swimsuits, ha!), got nails done, got all dressed up for the wedding, played a small part in the ceremony by leading the group singing the Doxology, partied at the reception (kids were babysat by their older cousins!), met Kala's new husband, and drove the entire way home on Sunday.  Lots of music was played, kids did overall very well in the car.  I'm sure Violet completed many parts of her minecraft world on my kindle while we were driving.  Dave serenated me with the "My Maria" song on our long 9 hour drive.  Many pit stops for bathroom, food, and stretching.  I will post pictures that will recap the weekend better than I could in words.  It was really fun and we loved seeing many from Dave's side of the family as well as celebrating Kala's marriage to Adam.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for writing.
    Honoring the wedding is honoring to the Lord!

    ReplyDelete