Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Vanessa's first day of Tues/Thurs 3/4 yr preschool at OHCP

Vanessa went to her first day of preschool yesterday on Tues Aug 27th, 2013.  She was excited to take pictures with her backpack by the door and smiled for me (that is rare).  When I tell her she starts school too like Violet and Calvin she says, "no, PRE-school".  It sounds more like "PEE-school."  haha!

She didn't recognize her teacher's helper, Mrs. Netz, so she was hesitant to go to her when I dropped her off.  I helped her find her hook for her backpack, hang it up, and I took her to her classroom.  Mrs. Nuece greeted her, gave Vanessa her nametag, and Vanessa took it and put it right on her shirt.  I got her distracted with a purple dot painting thing and then she seemed happy.  I told her I love you, quick hug, and that I'd be back when it was over to get her.  I made a quick exit while she was happy.

I picked her up at 11:30 and went inside the building to get her.  I did see her playing on the playground on my way over with the rest of the class and she was running around happily.  When she saw me in the hallway she said, "THERE'S my mommy!" and gave me a big hug.  She was excited to run over to where her backpack was hanging on a hook.  Her teacher said she did great.  Vanessa's review of the day was this.

"Mommy, I had fun at preschool!  I had a snack, I went potty, and played at the park and I have friends!" (which she pronounces "twends")

Today she said she wanted to go back to preschool.  So that is great!  She saw this blog post and the pictures and said, "I want to go to preschool.  I will have fun! That is my backpack!  Can I go preschool again?"




Vanessa's teacher, Mrs. Nuece (pronounced "Neese") 

No comments:

Post a Comment