Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Calvin's first day of kindergarten

Calvin started kindergarten on Monday August 26th.  He didn't seem nervous at all and was happy to get some new things for school.  A new backpack, a lunch cooler, new water bottle and thermos for it, and some new shirts.  When getting dressed and ready, he really wanted to do his hair like dad.  So Dave helped him stick his hair up a little.  It was adorable.  He seemed to take the introduction to kindergarten in stride.  Violet got to her classroom first, then we waited in line with all the other kindergarteners and their families who were greeting Miss Smits and taking photos.  I snapped a few pictures and got a great one with him and Miss Smits.  He seemed happy, gave us kisses and hugs (even gave them to Violet, so sweet, I wonder how long THAT will last!) and walked to his locker and classroom with ease.  I was excited for him, and not really sad at all.

He wasn't very chatty when I picked him up.  He gave me his lunch cooler and told me there was kind of a lot of garbage inside it.  :)  A few wrappers from food.







No comments:

Post a Comment