Tuesday, October 02, 2012

Day 2 of potty training Vanessa

This is also day two of no-nap Vanessa.  Dave has been out of town which leaves me no choice but to take Vanessa with me when I pick up Violet, right during her nap time.  Yes, I realize this is the case for 99% of other moms whose husbands don't work at home so I can leave a napping child sleeping while I run an errand.  But I'm used to it and not having the option is hard for me.  :P

She has the #1 thing almost completely.  She will go when I ask her, and tell me she has to pee and go on her own.  There is still a whole realm of particular-ness when she goes, there is usually an issue she takes with which toilet seat she sits on, where the undies go when she is using the toilet, who wipes, gotta flush, and wash those hands.  I don't know if she stays dry when she naps, she hasn't ever napped while working on potty training.  She's still in a crib and can't get out when she wants to, maybe its time to switch to a bed.  But that means she will get up and run around in the morning before I want her to.  Boo. 

She had a #2 accident today, but seemed to actually notice...by going and saying "uh oh! uh oh!".  Maybe she'll catch it next time.

She had to go pee yesterday at Violet's school when I let the kids play on the playground, so I somehow got her in there while V and C were playing on the equipment (I used the double stroller to hold Eli and her) and she went pee after dripping in her undies.  Today, she walked around the playground holding her butt for a few moments...I was nursing Eli at the time and couldn't put him down immediately...but Violet yelled saying that Vanessa said she had to go poop while they were on the slide, so I...again...hauled Vanessa and Eli into the school again (while another mom I knew watched V and C for me) to take her, but I was too late and she had gone in her undies.  She was messy, I didn't have my stroller for Eli...so let's just say I cleaned up with what I could and got out of there asap with a very unhappy baby.  I'm thinking as I walk out of the building that this is crazy and wishing for it to be over.

I get overwhelmed when Dave is out of town.  He has been gone for 2 days.  Why I decided to tackle potty training the 2 yr old on my own with 4 kids (one being a baby) I don't know. Thankfully a friend came to pick up Violet and took her to school.  That was absolutely perfect, since my other 3 kids were still sleeping at 7:40 when she got picked up.  Thank you Lord for that provision!  




2 comments:

  1. Super job Maria!
    DAD

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ugh! What a story at the school playground. She is particular about the details , huh? Interesting! Another aunt Rachel trait. Lol. Thanks for sharing the details and Maria, you are doing such a great job! I can only imagine how overwhelming it becomes with your teammate gone. Hang in there !

    ReplyDelete