Thursday, May 24, 2012

Super tired Violet

An hour after putting all the kids to bed last night, Violet came out of her room crying saying she had a nightmare about monsters chasing her.  I let her come downstairs so I could read her a few books to distract her mind from what she had dreamed about.  She ended up staying awake for another hour or so, and eventually got back to sleep.

Today she had a "field day" at school, where the last 3 hrs of the day were dedicated to outdoor games in the big grassy field by the playground.  She was allowed to wear a t-shirt, shorts and enjoy a Happy Meal from McD's for lunch with her friends.  The combination of going to bed late, dragging her out of bed at 7:15 am, sending her to school (seemingly happy, not acting too tired) and getting her at the end of her long day was enough to knock her out.  When we got home from school around 4:30 pm (I let the kids play on the playground after school for awhile), I laid on the couch and Violet snuggled up with me.  We both ended up falling asleep together.  Calvin woke me up whimpering that he was "staaaaaaarving" so I left her to sleep on the couch and fed Vanessa and Calvin.  While Violet and I were sleeping, I don't know what Calvin and Vanessa were doing.  I heard a lot of screaming. Calvin and Vanessa had big servings of oatmeal and raisins for supper.  Violet slept right through supper (Dave grilled pork and potatoes).  We got Calvin and Vanessa ready for bed and IN bed at 8:20 and Violet was STILL sleeping on the couch.  We tried waking her up a couple times but could barely arouse a very irritated Violet who just wanted to stay asleep.  Dave carried her up to bed, somehow got her to use the bathroom and slipped on some pajama shorts and left on the shirt she was wearing, and tucked her into bed.  She happily kept on sleeping.

She's already gotten 5 hours of sleep today and she will probably keep sleeping until we wake her up at 7 am for her LAST DAY OF KINDERGARTEN tomorrow!!  Wow!



2 comments:

  1. Ought to be a diagnosis called super tired.
    DAD

    ReplyDelete
  2. That couch casts a spell! I love sleeping on it too!
    Mom

    ReplyDelete