Thursday, May 10, 2012

Nothing new lately...

I have been a lazy blogger.  I can't really think of what to update...and I'm too tired to write out long stories, so I'm going to create a bullet list of recent happenings that may be of interest:

- Dave had carpal tunnel surgery (snipped the tendon on his inner hand that was smashing the nerves causing numbness in his fingers) about 2 weeks ago, and yesterday he got his stitches out.  He is feeling great.  The feeling in his fingers is coming back, but still taking some time.  His next approach will be chiropractic.

- I'm waiting for baby boy to be born.  His estimated due date is May 13, which just so happens to be Mother's Day.  The doctor I'm seeing is comfortable allowing me to labor/deliver this baby with in the next 2 1/2 weeks if I go into labor on my own.  If not, I will find a local option here if I reach the 42 week mark and have a cesarean done, but I honestly haven't made that phone call yet.  I'd rather wait.  I feel pain-free for the most part, thanks to good chiropractic care throughout my pregnancy.  Baby boy is very healthy and I'm thankful for no health issues.  I've been experiencing a lot of braxton hicks contractions...nothing painful but its noticeable.

- Violet crashed and burned on her bike today.  She got going too fast and got scraped up, but mostly pretty shaken and scared.  She instead opted to ride in the back of the double stroller for the remainder of our walk and ended up climbing trees at Calvin's preschool park.  The kids also smeared themselves blue with blue sidewalk chalk they found on the sidewalk at the park.  This called for an immediate bath before supper.  They frequently request cream of wheat for almost any meal, that's what they ended up having for supper tonight.  Then a strawberry banana smoothie and bagels, it was a random night.

- Our kitchen remodel is about 80% done.  We are working with someone on a design for the tile backsplash.  The island counter top needs more support and more trimwork, which will be done in the next 2 weeks.  The microwave is also getting a bump up a few inches and a new black one will be installed in the white one's place.

- Violet is almost done with kindergarten!  Calvin is finishing up his first year of preschool, soon both kids will be OUT of school for the summer, wow!  I am hoping their constant presence will be helpful to me in assisting with newborn boy and a wild 2 yr old Vanessa who is still learning her boundaries.  Her favorite word just so happens to be "no" right now.  Fun.


1 comment:

  1. Hello Maria, thanks for keeping this blog going.
    Joanne (Mom) says,"Oh Dear!" Every time I ask Vanessa a question she answers "YESSS" as you know...
    Guess we are in for a change!
    I have an idea: Lets not ask her any questions!
    (Mom)

    ReplyDelete