Sunday, April 08, 2012

Martha's birthday was April 3rd

We decided to help celebrate her birthday by taking her out to eat at Sakura Saturday night when we got home.  It was also a "thank you" for watching our kids.  She had never been to a hibachi style restaurant before, so it was a fun experience for her.  The guy doing our cooking was super funny and made us all laugh.  Calvin and Violet were excited to see the fire.  Vanessa was a little scared but just leaned her head on either Dave's arm or Martha's arm to comfort herself.  Violet was giggling non stop at the guy making jokes and being funny with his flipping tools.  He made lots of fire, flipped a flaming bowl onto his chef hat, and the staff sung happy birthday and gave Martha a picture.  I asked him to take a picture with my camera too. 



1 comment:

  1. Awww sweet Vanessa! I can understand how that could be a lot for her all at once. I am so glad the kids were so entertained. I love hibachi!! It's such a unique experience. We have one in glens falls but I never have a crew big enough for the hibachi ... besides they have incredible sushi there and I eat in the dining area and hear it going on next door. Fun, fun!

    ReplyDelete