Sunday, March 18, 2012

Violet learning how to ride a bike

The bike we got for her on Saturday we chose not to get training wheels, since we both thought she was capable of learning to ride with out them.  She got a  purple bike with 20" wheels and matching purple helmet.  Calvin's blue bike (16") is on order, we can pick it up in a week.  They didn't have the blue one we wanted in his size on stock.  His will have training wheels, but I think he can figure out how to ride a bike with out them too.  He's got great balance. :)  Walks around the block will no longer be leisurely!

Dave helped her practice later that day.  She was so, so, so excited...overly confident...and wasn't scared one bit.  I took some video clips with my camera.  She went from riding shakily with him holding the seat the entire time to her riding independently and stopping by herself in an hour.  She can't start herself yet, and is working on controlling the braking and handling herself when she tips to the side, but she made more progress than I thought she would.  I need to give her more credit than I do!

First attempt:

This clip is tonight's last run after her second practicing session.  I missed her excited arm pumping cheer at the end of the video clip.  Daddy is a good coach!  The kids thought it was pretty funny he was sweaty after all that jogging along side her. 

1 comment: