Sunday, July 03, 2011

Violet sang the National Anthem for BBC today

She got the chance to sing the Star Spangled Banner again for BBC today for special music.  We asked Mark W. to accompany her on the piano this time (last year was solo).  She did so great, I was very proud of her.  She wanted Dave to stand up there with her but he convinced her to go by herself.  A few moments after she started the entire crowd stood up, which I thought would thrown her off but she kept on going.  I was recording the song with my camera on the tripod from the back of the room and when the crowd stood up, I lost view, so I had to pick up the tripod and aim my best.  She told me she wants to learn a different song for next time. :)  Apparently she is star-spangled-out.  This year was different how she responded to people compared to last year.  She barely acknowledged people complimenting her, this year she would say a little "thanks".  So that is improvement.

1 comment:

  1. That's a big step to sing "solo" as in standing up in front of a group by herself! I think the piano player played it faster than she sang it the other times...I suppose that helps...at any rate, she did fantastic! Thank you for sharing it!
    Mom/Grandma

    ReplyDelete