Monday, August 30, 2010

Violet's first day of preschool (4-5 yr olds)

This first day of preschool compared to last year's first day was pretty uneventful. She was like a veteran preschooler walking into the building knowing exactly where she was going, and happily said goodbye to me after she got settled into her new classroom. I think she's pretty proud to be part of the "big" class this year, the 4-5 yr olds. She'll be going Mon, Wed and Fri at Orchard Hill Church preschool from 9-11:30. Her teacher told me she did a great job when I picked her up. She said she was helpful and showed the new kids in her class where things were, etc. Some of the kids in her class are attending preschool for the first time. She has a large class, 21 kids I think. Last year there were 15 in her group. She laid out her clothes last night on the floor before going to bed. She picked out her multicolored shorts and yellow top with the birds. There is a new rule about no open toes shoes so after she heard that, she grabbed a pair of socks and put one sock near each leg of her shorts knowing that she had to wear her tennis shoes in the morning. Her most talked about favorite thing is her "silly bandz" bracelets in shapes of princess stuff - she wore 5 or 6 of them to school and was really happy about it. I'm so proud of my little preschooler! I am excited to find out what she will learn this year.

1 comment: