Sunday, January 17, 2010

Mornings have MUCH improved

Wow, what a difference. I really feel like a new woman! Dave installed some light blocking shades in our bedroom so it is darker in the morning. It allows me to sleep longer than when the sun shines in the room so early in the winter. Before Dave installed the black out shades, we had some other cellular blinds on the windows, but they were so transparent there might as well have been nothing on the window. One of the window shades was broken too so we (yes, quiet tacky in fact) tacked a blanket up in front of the window. So the new blinds are a nice upgrade to our room. Since Calvin has been tented in his crib, mornings have been pleasurable. I wake up when I want to, or Violet wakes me up when she comes in my room and snuggles in bed quietly with me. She is very sweet in the mornings, full of hugs and kisses. I usually get up and shower right away so I can get Calvin at a good time. When I go in his room he is always awake, but just sitting or laying down in his crib just waiting for me to come get him. Its just so much nicer. This morning Dave and I had to make a point to set our alarm so we would wake up (knowing it was going to be so dark!). We got up and both got ready...and by 8:15, the kids still weren't up yet, it was eerie. With in minutes though we heard Calvin wake up...it was just much later than normal. Too bad he is sick. I don't think I should take him to Puggles tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment