Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Calvin probably won't be a fan of short pants

Dave and I have discovered one thing that will keep Calvin from napping: short pants. And if his ankles are exposed, he'll FREAK out. Last night when we were putting him to bed, all his pajamas were in the washing machine so we had to resort to using a long sleeved onesie and and pair of pajamas that he wore a few months ago that I suspected were a little too small. The pants were slightly short but they fit everywhere else so we figured they'd be fine. I put on a pair of really long socks and pulled the socks way up on his legs. Dave put him to bed and later told me that he was fussing about his ankles, and Dave "helped" him pull his pants down over his exposed ankles and pulled his socks up. Calvin seemed satisfied with this, and went to sleep, but a few moments later, he woke up fussing again. I went into his room and got him up, he was crying and pointing to his ankles. I asked him if he wanted another pair of pants and he sadly said "yeahh". So I got him a different pair of long fleece pants and he seemed reallllly happy. Silly boy. He snuggled right into bed with no fussing at all. And slept through the night (with no pacifier!!). Same thing went on at nap time this afternoon. Apparently the pair of blue sweatpants he had been wearing all winter are all of a sudden too short. Nap time was a disaster, and I had forgotten about his issue with short pants. I went up to his room and again, found him fussing in his crib pointing to the skin that was exposed on his ankles. Duh! The short pants! I changed his pants into the same fleece pair from the night before and he immediately was happy and went right to sleep. I predict he will be very happy to see his footed pajamas ready to wear in his closet tonight.

1 comment:

  1. That is kinda funny! Oh well kids have a right to be warm and comfortable when they sleep and at least now you know what he likes.

    Mom

    ReplyDelete