Tuesday, June 20, 2017

NLXF

On a whim, I decided to join NLXF fitness classes.  This stands for Next Level Extreme Fitness - and is an exercise class that meets in 10-week sessions.  I was feeling lately that I was just not active enough and wanted to be healthier.  I was so tired of turning to running for exercise because it is just NOT enjoyable for me and I dread it.

I had heard of this place from a friend and just decided to jump right in, not knowing a thing.  The session started April 3 but I stared on the 4th day of week 1, on April 6th, and the session ended Fri, June 9th.  I only missed a couple days for travel, but otherwise, I completed the majority of the 10 weeks of classes.  1 hr a day, kick-boxing, strength, and cardio.  It kicked my rear end for the first 3 weeks but then I felt a groove and felt more strong and improved.  Most of the time I attended the 3:00 pm or 4:30 classes.

I don't have any before/after pics, but I lost 15 lbs and feel much better!  I am joining the next 2 sessions.  I love how the classes are much more fun than running, the group is encouraging, the class times are easy to fit into your schedule, there is child care, and it is a convenient one mile from our house.  I am loving it and the program really works.  Every day is new and interesting, never the same, and keeps your body guessing what's coming next!


2 comments:

  1. Fantastic! Sounds like a winning combo.
    Just getting involved in a group activity is a delightful mental break...glad you're hanging in there and loving it!
    Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for posting. This is a great blog post and congratulations. Right now I am strengthening my hips from the IT band injury May 10. I ran a 8:36 mile tonight after side step with band exercises.

    ReplyDelete