Tuesday, December 08, 2015

Got Eli new blankets

Risky business, this is. In fact, so risky, I've never tried it! Replacing a child's precious blankie or blankets. Eli is the only child of mine that had multiple.
They were his favorite as a newborn and were magical when used to calm him down. They've traveled everywhere with him and because they are thin muslin fabric, they're all ripped, dirty, and very thin.
The other night he actually told me this: "mom, I need new blankets." which is why I ventured out to replace them. Originally it was a four pack of these blankets gifted to me when he was born, so I searched eBay, and found the exact same four pack (with the same prints, two stripes, one elephant, and one giraffe).
It has been a huge success!
Washed and dried, these new one are soft puffy mountains compared to what his blankets had dwindled down to before. He absolutely loves them. I had to sneak the old ones away.

2 comments:

  1. First of all, it is unheard of to replace a child's blanket without traumatizing a child for life...but it was Eli's idea which is totally off the wall...who would have thought! So fortunate to find the exact ones...kudo's Maria! Now I am laughing because in the top photo you posted of Eli he looks like he's wearing a Jewish prayer shawl on his head...then I look below and see Violet draped in fabric and I'm wondering if my grands are turning into Arabs or something!
    I'll have to read on. Good job on the replacements!
    Mom

    ReplyDelete