Saturday, September 13, 2014

Conversation with Eli and daddy at bedtime

Tonight, as I was sitting guard outside of the kids room after putting them to bed, Eli began calling. 


Eli: Dad.  Daaaad.
Dad: Be quiet Eli.
Eli: Dad.  Daaad.
Dad: Be quiet Eli.
Eli: Dad.  Daaad.  Waan tell u someping.  Umm oer here, Dad.  Waan tell u someping.  Umm oer here, Dad.
*Dad goes to Eli's bed*
Eli: *unintelligible mumble*
Dad: Give me a kiss
*Eli kisses dad, with his big puckered-up stuck out lips*
*Dad walks out of room*
Eli: Tank oo for kiss, Dad.
Dad: You're welcome, Eli.


Love that little squirt.


Dave

3 comments:

  1. nice post thanks
    DADJON

    ReplyDelete
  2. I remember calling my dad repeatedly one night while laying in bed shortly after bedtime when I was little, for NO reason at all...probably just to find out if being put to bed meant I was "out of sight and out of mind" or if my dad was still available...no kid wants to feel abandoned! Anyway, he came alright and in no uncertain terms told me to "be quiet". I was happy he responded...because all I really needed to know was if he was still "there".
    And I never called him after being put to bed again...my security was affirmed.
    Kids love being affirmed!
    mom

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aww neat stories Dave and Mom!

    ReplyDelete