Wednesday, April 02, 2014

Reality check

I have a tendency to only post things on my blog that I find funny, sweet, endearing, memorable, etc....

As real and as precious as those moments are, I've learned in the last 8 years of being a mom that the times of normalcy and the tasks of "the daily grind" are to be just as memorable.  Same people involved, all doing things necessary for survival.  Feels sorta like going back to the roots.

I snapped a pic of my laundry pile and yes, this took me all day to fold and put away.  It was a miracle I put it away in the same day it was folded, that never happens.  I was expecting a guest for the weekend, that was my motivation to put it away.


Someone (or who knows, maybe it was some mommy blog but I can't remember the source) told me one of the best times to pray for your family is when you fold laundry.  Every member of the household has laundry, and with each outfit brings a memory or possibly a life lesson learned, or re-learned for the hundredth time.  I'm going to start using laundry time as prayer time (even if it has to be silent) for my family.  It kinda guarantees each person will get prayed for on a regular basis.


2 comments:

  1. That is a wonderful plan to pray!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Do the kids put their clothes in the laundry whether they're dirty or not?
    (Just wondering.)
    That will make for a good prayer time!
    Mom

    ReplyDelete