Wednesday, April 02, 2014

Eli's "sleeping in bed progress" and no more pacifier

One night last weekend nobody could find Eli's pacifier.  We just made the decision that it was time to take it away for good.  The switch has been dreamy.  He doesn't ask for it that I know of, as he doesn't really have a word for it.  He says "wanket" for blanket though.  I'm sure if I gave it back to him he'd take it but he's been doing just fine.

As far as him sleeping in his twin bottom bunk, it really only took three or four nights for him to get the idea that this was now his bed.  He doesn't climb out during the night anymore.  He's had about a week of solid nights sleeping in his bed and not getting up in the middle of the night.

We're working on him staying in bed when we put him to bed for the night though.  He typically gets up, very quietly, pulls the cord that the fan is plugged into so it turns off, opens the door, shuts the door, and walks out.  He does this with the most somber face, it is almost comical.  We find it funny he closes the door quietly behind him.  He's learning each night that he gets a little spank if he gets out of bed.  Last night only took two times putting him back in bed.

I'm really loving not having to keep track of that pacifier.  He was down to one or two pink pacifiers that were mildy chewed up.  Ick.  I did find the one pink one I'd lost, of all places, under his pillow.  The night I found it I stuck it in my pocket without him seeing.

One of us checks on the kids before we turn in for the night (usually Dave) and we've always found Eli sleeping on his back.  I guess he is a back sleeper (?)

No comments:

Post a Comment