Saturday, September 07, 2013

Vanessa's first haircut

It was time to do something about Vanessa's crazy scraggly/straight/wildly crazy hair today.  Rachel picked Vanessa, Eli and myself after I dropped off our van for a few hours at Community Honda for an oil change and other work.  We killed some time by walking around the mall, getting some pizza at the mall for lunch, deciding to get Vanessa's hair trimmed, and walking around Hobby Lobby.

I picked Salon Elite because it was close and I've always had pretty good experiences here.  Vanessa was the only client! :)  She said she didn't want a haircut but sat on the booster, wore the cape, and watched really quietly and sat still.  My main concern with her hair was to not take away length, but cut shorter the straight/fuzzy pieces that laid on top that hid all the cute curls underneath.  The lady knew exactly what I was after and she cut those pieces shorter to create some nice layers on top of her hair. 

Before:




After (and she said, "I wike the haircut!" and an hour later said, "Can I get another haircut?"):







5 comments:

  1. Good job Mom and hair-cutter Vanessa's hair looks great and she looks more civilized for sure!
    Still totally adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  2. PS: Last post from Grandma Jo.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dear Maria:
    I Love the pictures and the narrative
    DAD

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is Grandma Jo I don't know what I did to cause all of those "reply deletes" sorry...but I was going to say that painting with water on pre-colored paper was good training, but Vanessa da Vinci will learn a lot more with the real thing! Just keep rinsing off the messed up colors and if you need more paint boxes let me know!

    Mom

    ReplyDelete