Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Alright, I'll admit it...

...I have not been blogging because I have spent most of my free time in the basement trying to figure out my sewing machine and enjoying making simple projects and fixing some items of clothing that need repair.  Its becoming very fun. :)  I made Violet a body pillow (10"x36") with a princess fabric pillowcase (she picked it out at the store with me)...and she loves snuggling up to it at night time.  I can even get her to take a short nap on the couch these days if I get her to lay down with her pillow.  She snoozed for 30 minutes today while the other two were napping and seemed to need the short rest.

A few things happened in the last couple days I wanted to record though.

Vanessa pulled up to standing next to Violet's bed last night when I was reading Violet a book.  She grabbed on tight to the comforter, and stood right up.  And proceeded to fall right back down. :)  She has not crawled since I posted her first "crawl" but she's perfecting her army crawl and can effectively get across the room now.  I am on alert if she's in a spot where she could topple down the stairs all the time!

Calvin said "I wub big giant girls." today on the way to pick up Violet from preschool this morning.  He is drawn to older girls, like Sara Klunder and the Smith girls...its so funny.  He spends any free time he has on Sunday morning surrounded by them.

3 comments:

  1. A sew a day
    keeps blogging away
    but that's OK
    good memories will stick
    either way!


    (M0M)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, it has been a while since we read a new blog. They often make my day and it eases the
    "not seeing you often enough" feeling.
    Love
    DAD

    ReplyDelete