Sunday, October 31, 2010

We managed to skip Halloween this year

We just didn't do anything for it.  Didn't shop for costumes, didn't buy halloween candy, didn't turn the lights on and hand out candy...not for any particular reason other than just being too busy to deal with it. LOL 
It did help that the kids had church activities planned the same time trick or treating was scheduled.  Violet did get asked a few times here and there from random people what she was going to be for Halloween but she never had a good answer. 
As we drove to the chapel tonight, she saw some kids walking on the sidewalk all dressed up.  She said "Aww, I wish I could dress up." and that was it, no asking or discussion.  I bet if I brought up the topic from last year she would remember but so much of me just didn't even want to deal with it and the fights and meltdowns from sugar overload and crashing.  Calvin has no connection to Halloween and wouldn't really know what trick or treating is.  I'm glad Violet didn't bombard me with questions ~ she seemed to have forgotten about it too.  I bet this is the last year we get away with it.  Maybe next year we'll have the energy to do Halloween.
I miss the chocolate treats around the house...but I don't really need those either. :D

1 comment:

  1. nice work, I Like skipping it too.
    Most of the kids outside our house were teenagers. The little kids had their time at the mall previous night.
    DAD

    ReplyDelete