Saturday, October 23, 2010

Violet's "curly" hair

Violet got a little temporary "makeover" Thursday night. I got some curlers at the store thinking she would enjoy having her hair curly some time, and when we got home she saw the package and wondered what they were. I told her, and she wanted to do it right away. After putting Calvin to bed, we stayed up a little late and I put all her hair in curlers. She was getting really impatient with me getting them in just right and told me she was getting sweaty waiting for me to finish. Once they were all in she told me they felt funny. She got very concerned that they would fall out if she had to itch her head.

The next morning when she woke up, I took them out and her hair was in spirals! She was pretty concerned that the kids in her preschool class were going to make fun of her and laugh at her with her curls. I reassured her they were pretty and told her I was sure people would like her hair. I put half of her hair back in a clip so it was a pile of curls on the back of her head and it was out of her face.

After a day, her hair relaxed back to being almost straight with a few curls at the end. I'm sure that wasn't the last time I do that ~ she seemed to enjoy her "new hair" for a day and flounced it around a lot.

2 comments:

  1. Little Girls have pretty curls but I like OREOS

    Reminded me of the song...
    DAD

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah yes...will we ever forget those nights in curlers.
    When I was little, my mom twisted my hair up with hair pins every Saturday night so I would look like Shirley Temple for church on Sunday.
    My red shoes were all polished up the night before by my dad...even though as far as I remember he didn't go to the Lutheran Church with us, but "gathered unto the name of the Lord" with the Fargo saints rather than associate with a doctrine of salvation through baptism.
    Mom

    ReplyDelete