Friday, July 24, 2009

Garage Salin'

I had a fun day yesterday and today scoping out some garage sales in Cedar Falls. This was the first time I actually looked up a bunch of them in the newspaper, figured out which ones I wanted to go to, and made myself a map of where they all are and what times they started. I asked Dave to be with the kids this morning at 8 am so I could shop by myself. Practically brand new items (nice pants, shirts, overalls, shoes and sandals) for super cheap prices. I went to 6 garage sales this morning and found great items for both kids. My favorite finds were: 1. Leap Frog Phonics train - everything was in the box, it works, and looks brand new $15 2. A Gap fleece/knit sweater/coat for Violet - 50 cents 3. A pair of black Nike sandals for Calvin that are stretchy and fit his fat feet - 50 cents 4. Countless pairs of pants for Calvin in many sizes in near perfect condition - 50 cents each 5. Another toy stroller for Calvin to push - maybe that will eliminate some fighting over the one pink one we have - $5 6. A Land's End purple dress for V that looks brand new - $5 7. A shopping cart the kids can push around (push things are hot with my kids right now) - $1.50 8. A new Eddie Bauer smaller sized diaper bag - 50 cents The list goes on, but those were my favs.

No comments:

Post a Comment