Friday, September 14, 2007

I went to the ER last night

I must have caught some kind of virus. Wednesday night (Sept 12th) after eating supper I felt a little weird. I went to bed that night, and woke up at 3 am with an incredible urge to throw up. I barely made it to the toilet. Everything I had eaten came up. I tried drinking a little water to wash my mouth out and went to bed. I woke up again at 7:00 am the morning of the 13th and threw up the water and more food. Yuck. Dave had just left for a short trip so he was gone. I tried to stomach 1/2 a banana, but I also threw that up. I had an appointment with the midwife for my 25 week check up and I brought up my concerns with her. She said I was pretty dehydrated and said since I couldn't keep food down, to stick to a liquid diet. I went to Fareway and got Gatorade, Sprite, Ginger Ale, and foods for the BRAT diet. Turns out I couldn't keep liquids down either. That night...I was feeling so miserable. Taking care of Violet while feeling horrible was really hard. I was hungry, yet didn't have an appetite...I was thirsty...but couldn't keep down liquids. I paged the midwife that night and asked her what she thought I should do. She suggested I go to the ER for fluids. I called my mom and she drove down to my house. She's too sweet. She left Mason City at 10:30 and got in at midnight. I took off to the hospital at midnight, and left at 4 am. I immediately felt better!! I went home and slept from 4:30-8:00. My mom stayed to help me while I rested and she left shortly before Dave got home from his trip at 3 pm.

No comments:

Post a Comment