Saturday, January 20, 2007

the morning she turned 1

Its 7:39 am and I'm awake much earlier than I usually am. Its the morning of Violet's first birthday! I feel so giddy...like its my birthday or something. Dave was up around 6:45 am doing something with the fire and I woke up, realizing that it was almost the moment that Violet turned one...exactly...at 6:59 am when she was born. I stayed awake to see the clock! I'm weird like that. I thought about video-taping the clock but then realized that would be a little obsessive. It would have been fun, I guess...but oh well. Dave climbed back into bed to stay warm (on this chilly morning - its like 4 degrees outside or something very cold) and we started recalling the events of exactly last year. Some odd-early time in the morning we had opted for a c-section for the birth after very hard but unprogressive labor, and Dave recalled announcing "Its a girl!" after she came out. Then we settled in for a 5 day stay in the hospital. So much has happened in this year. Today we're having a little party for Violet. Dave and I put up pink and white streamers all over the house. We got all the appetizers ready, sortof. There's some stuff to do yet, but we're mostly ready! We are having pumpkin muffins, fresh fruit cups, mini bagel pizzas, maybe ham & cheese puff pastry roll ups, grape punch, and cupcakes. She's awake. I just heard her make some noises down in her crib. I think we'll get out the videocamera and sing to her or something to greet her this morning. I need to go wake up Dave! K...I'll write more later about the party. Happy Birthday Violet!
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment