Friday, August 04, 2017

eye doctor visit 2017



I only got pics of the younger two.  My memory is bad because I'm writing after a month has passed, but we discovered Eli has a color viewing deficiency.  He can't see reds and greens like we do.  He does recognize them as different colors as the rest and correctly labels them, but he's just learned by association over his life.  There are different types of color deficiencies but his is called "Deutan".  It is most common in boys, and has to display itself genetically in both recessive genes, so it isn't that common.  I guess Dave and I are both carriers!

Vanessa will need glasses first among the kids...her vision is on the edge of needing correction soon.

Violet and Calvin are still slightly far sighted which the doc said is a good thing and they don't need correction.


No comments:

Post a Comment