Sunday, April 10, 2016

Vanessa learned how to ride a 2 wheel bike!

Vanessa has been wanting to learn and has practiced a lot, but never quite got the hang of riding a 2 wheel bike.  She's wobbled and not caught onto the balancing it takes...until Sunday, April 10th.  She wanted to practice and I didn't exactly feel like exerting the energy to help her so I brought her to the yard and helped push her down the grass "hill" in the yard from the gazebo towards the house.  I thought maybe the grass would somehow stop her from tipping so easily.




Well, this surprisingly worked out quite well.  She gained enough confidence to try it out on the sidewalk, and off she went!!  


Big sis Violet wanted to get in on helping her too.

Monday, she wanted to try the larger purple bike that had a hand brake instead of pressing backwards on the pedals of the little blue bike, which she took pretty well to today!  I had to lower the seat as low as it would go.



My oh my! She's had a big week.  Earrings, reading books, now reading a bike!  She certainly wants to separate herself from being "a little kid" these days. :)  After all, just a few weeks until she turns 6!

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for posting this. I walked the entire block with her and she wasn't really trying to go by herself. She made up her mind that she could. The Little Engine that Could!!!
    No, the videos do not play

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, those are all significant milestones!
    I think she can do anything she sets her mind to!
    GO VAN!
    (Grma Jo)

    ReplyDelete