Wednesday, March 27, 2013

What was Vanessa doing at 2:00 am?

Hmm...tonight's shenanegans from Vanessa make me want to put her back in her crib and hook on the zippered crib tent to it for her to sleep in.  Don't worry, I won't be doing that.  :)  Just made me think about doing it for about 5 minutes.

At 2:00 am last night (or I guess that would be early this morning), Violet came into my room, tapped me on the shoulder to wake me up, and said, "Um, mom.  Vanessa was in my bed.  She climbed up to the top bunk and jumped on me and woke me up, bonked her head on the ceiling, and then started laughing."

I got up pretty quickly after hearing that.  I went into the hallway and saw Vanessa just standing there with a smile on her face.  I took her hand, walked her back to her room, and put her back in bed.  I gave her her blanket and told her to stay in bed.  She actually did, but cried herself back to sleep.

I tucked Violet back in her bed and crawled back in mine until my alarm went off at 6:35.

When I was helping Violet get dressed for school, Vanessa was still sleeping heavily (of course, on a morning when I have to get her out of bed so I can get her in the car and take Violet to school since daddy is out of town for a night).  I asked Violet how Vanessa got up into her bed and she wasn't sure.  I asked her how she got down.  Violet told me she climbed down over the side of the bunk and helped Vanessa down by telling her where to put her feet.  Amazing that she decided to get out of bed and help Vanessa get down.  Violet can really be mature and think quickly in situations like that.  I told her thank you for helping her get down and expressed to her how well she handled the situation.  Vanessa knows she is not allowed to climb up to that top bunk.  Why she decided to wake up in the middle of the night and be naughty I don't really understand.

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for writing
    DAD

    ReplyDelete
  2. Late night shenanigans for sure! I am glad no one got hurt. Funny girl Nessa

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gotta keep your eye on that one...even in the middle of the night!
    Thank God for Violet's maturity in keeping Vanessa safe and taking the matter to you.
    Mom

    ReplyDelete