Thursday, September 25, 2008

funny

I had a funny moment today after I put Violet down for a nap. We're still living in this little rental house on Robin Rd in Waterloo. The bathroom door is at the end of the hallway, so is our bedroom door and Violet's bedroom door with in 2 feet of each other. Well..I finally took a nap when both kids were sleeping. 15 minutes after I put her to bed, I had already taken a shower, changed into my clothes for the day, and started to blow-dry my hair. I thought she was well asleep by now, but she wasn't! The blow-dryer always puts me into kind of a trance...falsely making me think everything else going on around me is A-OK. Well...the door was cracked open as I was using the hair dryer, and I see a brightly colored thing go flying past the door. I was like HUH? I shut off the dryer and open the door to see Violet running back into her room and slamming the door shut as fast as she could. I went into her room and she had tried to hop back into bed without me knowing was was going on, apparently. I asked her "what are you doing?" She said "I don't want that toy in my room. I was just putting it outside. That toy. I don't like it." while shaking her head and flopping her arms. It was that ride-on toy that converts to a little infant push-walker. I guess it freaked her out! I just laughed and told her to go to sleep. She flopped her head back on the pillow and turned over without a single word or protest. My little girl is turning into such a little GIRL already!! Also, I can't remember if I recorded this or not, but I'll do it again just in case. A few weeks ago Dave was in California, and Violet knew that he flew away to California to work, so mid-week, I hear her start singing this song in the morning right after she woke up (to the tune of "where is thumpkin"): "Where is Mommy? Where is Mommy? She's right here, she's right here Where is mommy? where is mommy? She's right here, she's right here. Where is daddy? Where is daddy? He flew away, he flew away! Where is daddy? where is daddy? He flew away, he flew away!"

No comments:

Post a Comment