Thursday, June 02, 2022

Dave's conversation with Eli this morning

I came down this morning at about 6:30 to go work out. I heard somebody was up, but I didn't know who. I went to the basement to get ice and as I was coming up the steps the door at the top of the steps just opened automatically. And then after I was upstairs it closed automatically. Eli's smiling face poked around the corner. He asked me "Dad. Guess what time I woke up this morning?"
I guessed a few different times in finally landed on the answer, 5:40 a.m. I said "that's pretty early. Eli." 
He said, "Don't worry, I used my time productively. I waited to see if anybody else would get up. Then I let Coco out, I ate breakfast, I read my Bible on the deck, I did my job, and now I'm just waiting for other people to get up."
I said, "why didn't you just go back to sleep?" 
He reminded me that he can't go back to sleep after he wakes up. He said he tried that this morning and it didn't work. What a cute kid.

No comments:

Post a Comment