Wednesday, June 26, 2019

Colorado (summer 2019)

I am a month past this trip so I can't go day by day, rather, I'll post memorable photos and go from there.  I'll say this was our first trip "driving west until we hit the mountains"...and it was unforgettable!  The first view of the mountains in the distant horizon produced "oohs and ahhs"!

first morning after arriving

first real view of a mountain

the townhouse Air B&B we rented was part of a community of townhouses with a heated pool to use - so nice!

ready...set...

JUMP!

The reason for our trip to CO - Dave officiated Nate Stickfort and Liana Alderman's wedding

rehearsal dinner

our townhouses Air BandB we rented...very nice, very clean, loved it

the view!

Dave cookin' up omelets


Sapphire Point trail - that is Lake Dillon in the background

my pic that I think is post-card worthy :D



the chipmunks ate right out of our hands...crazy!




Liana heading up to the mountain top in the goldola

Dave, Autumn and I heading up to the reception site to decorate



Dave all suited up waiting for the wedding to begin


wedding day! June 21, 2019




next day hike. The snow was like dippin' dots



cool twisty fallen trees - reminds me of a chocolate/vanilla twist cone


seriously it snowed...in June!
The elevation of our cabin was approx 9200 ft.


downtown Keystone


hmmm...

goldola ride in Brekenridge

ziplines!

all 6 of us did it!





alpine slides

a 6-person ski lift that took us up to 11,059 ft


there was a lot of snow up there!


photos will never do this view justice...





last day - a mountain biking adventure.  Not really "mountain" biking, rather a 12 mile downhill coast, and 8 miles pedaling to our pick-up destination

the coolest part was the scenery, and discovering what amazing destruction a snow avalanche can cause




the small lake in Keystone, CO

he got his flag...although I'm not sure what it means

Eli lost a tooth in Colorado...

cozy kids bedroom

I think I saw Nebraska, Iowa, and Illinois all in one shot coming out of the mountains...

that's a lot of legs....13 hrs in the car lends itself to strange sleeping

No comments:

Post a Comment