Thursday, April 16, 2015

Eli and Vanessa enjoying spring weather

*disclaimer* I don't let him run around in undies outside.  Except for this moment, I guess.

Most times seem so crazy "doing life" in our house.  Lots of commotion, a lot of unnecessary arguments that end in tears, messes, etc.  Seems like there are not many calm quiet moments.  This was one of them.  V and C were off at school.  The day was gorgeous, so I put a chair outside to sit in and let Vanessa and Eli play outside with water and in the sandbox.  Nevermind the fact that they'd JUST gotten out of the bathtub and were squeaky clean with perfect curly hair.  I knew they'd love the sandbox.  I didn't know the day was so beautiful when they got in the tub, haha!!  Oh well.  I did cringe when they got dirty all over again, but they just got a second bath for the day.  Hours went by and they enjoyed every minute of being outside.  It also seemed so calm because Rachel was able to pick up Violet and Calvin from school and take them on an errand to get some goodies to put in Mama Row's house to welcome her back to Iowa.  She brought the kids back to my house later in the evening, finished their homework, and played in the sandbox too.  Baths x 4 that evening.  The day ended with a game of Sorry with dad.

Just a few "happy" photos.












2 comments:

  1. Thanks for posting this was fun to read

    ReplyDelete
  2. As soon as I was able to ride my bike further than my own block, about age 8, I road to the school ground that had a huge sand box...especially after a rainy day...and would build away. Sand and water are wonderful! Just hose everyone off before coming in!
    Way to go Maria!

    ReplyDelete