Sunday, December 28, 2014

Calvin's 7th Birthday

My first little boy is SEVEN!  I gotta brag on his learning this year in school (1st grade).  He started the year taking a reading test and getting through 17 words in a minute.  He has progressively improved with each test, moving up into the 30s, 40s, and 50s.  The last test he brought home he read 77 words per minute!  His teacher, Miss Schoonhoven, said the goal for first graders is to read 40-60 WPM by the end of 1st grade.  He has sky-rocked in his reading ability.  I'm so proud of him!

Ok, back to his birthday.  I feel a little bad that his birthday is 3 days after Christmas.  This year his birthday fell on the day that most of our Christmas company left.  I had made him a big chocolate oreo cake the night before and we all celebrated.  He was surrounded with ALL his LaMarche cousins to sing him happy birthday.  That was a fun moment!  I couldn't really tell if he enjoyed the attention for his birthday or not.  

He got a shark backpack, robo bug kit that holds a pop can, and the Lego movie.  He got to watch the movie that day.




And of course the "7" pancake!!

  

No comments:

Post a Comment